- Collection. You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites;
- Billing and other information you provide;
- Correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, and content, including computer and connection information, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies; or
- Other supplemental information from third parties.
- Marketing. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
- Use. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support requests;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service;
- Customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- Our Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements or enforce our policies. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may also share your personal information with:
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Members of our corporate family to provide joint content and services, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliates).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number, email address, and IP address.
- Most cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our websites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
- Security. Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use numerous tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.